When it comes to living in Illinois, you likely know a thing or two about extreme weather. In the summertime, it's not uncommon for temps to sore above 100 degrees, while in the winter they tend to dip close to zero or below. And then during the spring and fall time, a hail storm here and there is quite common.
What are you to do if your car ends up getting damaged in a hail storm? The answer is simple — you file a claim and let your car insurance company pay for the damage; this is of course assuming that you have comprehensive coverage. If you aren't for sure whether or not your car would be covered in a hail storm, it's imperative that you speak with one of our agents who serves the Evergreen Park, IL area to make sure you have adequate coverage.
Steps to take during and after a hail storm:
Park your car in the safest spot possible
If you are aware that a hail storm is coming your way, make sure to park your car in a garage or under some type of covered patio. If you don't have a garage or patio, you should assess your surroundings and park the car in a spot that you believe it will endure the least amount of damage.
Keep yourself safe
While the hail storm is taking place, it's imperative that you stay inside until the storm passes over.
Take pictures and file a claim
After the storm passes, you'll want to take pictures of the hail damage and file a claim. Your insurance company will direct you toward an auto body specialist who can fix any dents and perform any paint repair, including the application of a clear coat.
As the owner of a classic car, you want to ensure you have the protection you need to keep your vehicle valuable and cover the cost of damage should it occur. In order to get the right class car insurance in IL 60805 for your collectible, you need to take specific steps. By taking the three steps listed below, you'll have the coverage you need to keep you and your vehicle protected.
1. The fist step you'll want to take is finding an insurance agent to insure your classic car. There're many different agencies available, but not all of them offer classic car insurance. Some people in Evergreen Park rather use an insurance agency that only works with insuring antique vehicles, as they offer the highest level of service for your unique needs.
2. Once you've found an insurance company, you want to work with them to ensure your vehicle falls within the guidelines of a classic car. Some insurance company only allow a certain among of mileage to be present on the vehicle, or they only allow the vehicle to be driven within a certain area. These factors will help you determine if your vehicle is a class car under their guidelines and if there are any specific guidelines you'll need to follow to keep your insurance policy active.
3. After you've works out all the details, you'll want to choose the right insurance policy for your needs. Some people find they don't need full coverage, while others want all of the extras for complete coverage. Our agency will work with you to help you choose the right policy for your unique needs.
Don't hesitate, call us today!
Earlier this year, hail damage caused crop damage, which led the US Secretary of Agriculture to declare several counties a disaster area as a result. Hail damage doesn’t only affect the crop supply in Evergreen Park IL, but it also affects automobiles left unprotected during the storm. Hail doesn’t occur often, but it is definitely in your best interest to ensure that your car insurance coverage covers hail damage when it does happen.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Covers Hail Damage
Comprehensive car insurance coverage covers hail damage in Illinois. With comprehensive car insurance, you have greater protection from our insurance company. Instead of simply being covered when you are liable in an auto accident, comprehensive insurance also covers acts of nature, such as damaged to your car as a result of hail. Comprehensive insurance coverage also covers:
- Falling objects
- Cracks in your windshield
- Damage by animals
- Damage to your clear coat from hail
Filing a Hail Damage Claim
If you are facing hail damage this winter, the process for getting your car fixed is simple. Our insurance agents are happy to help you file your claim so that you can get your car back on the road as soon as possible. Things to keep in mind when you file your claim:
- Don’t wait to file your claim. Contact our insurance agents as soon as the damage happens.
- Bring your car to our insurance agency before you take it to the repair shop. We will help you find a reputable repair shop to fix the damage.
- Submit any sworn statements and other documents in a timely fashion so that your claim isn’t delayed.
Being the best insurance agency in Evergreen Park IL 60805 is based on our abilities to meet our customer’s needs, including assistance with claims. If you have a question about hail coverage, don’t hesitate to contact our office so we can review your insurance policy and help you determine what’s covered.